or a mobile app to collect and store a range of data on your desktop computer, laptop or mobile
device. Cookies help us to provide important features and functionality on our websites and mobile apps, and we
use them to improve your customer experience. With our permission, cookies may be placed on our websites and
mobile apps by other organisations. You can find out more about what cookies are at: http://www.allaboutcookies.org/.
To learn more about the cookies used on our websites, please read here.
- ESSENTIAL COOKIES
Some cookies are essential to make our websites work properly.
- CUSTOMER EXPERIENCE COOKIES (ANALYTICS, CUSTOMISATION & TRACKING)
- Cookies allow us to assess and improve the way our websites and mobile apps work so that we can personalise your experience and allow you to use many of their useful features. These types of cookies help us to provide you with a good experience when you browse our websites and allow us to track your experience between different devices to improve our websites or the way we provide our services and products to customers.
- Cookies can help us to understand how our websites and mobile apps are being used, for example, by telling us if you get an error messages as you browse, to test different designs of our website and mobile app pages. Website analytics, including Google Analytics, provides information about the number of visitors to our website and mobile apps, which parts of our website and mobile apps are most popular and if there are any trends such as one specific page being viewed mostly by people in a particular country. These cookies help us to improve your experience.
- ADVERTISING COOKIES
- Some cookies are used to provide you with information or offers from us or third parties that may be of interest to you. These cookies may collect data about your online behaviour, such as your IP address, or the website you arrived from. This means that you may see our adverts on our websites, mobile apps and on other organisations’ websites. You may also see adverts for other organisations on our websites and mobile apps.
effectiveness, and we participate in cookie-based exchanges to make this happen. Our cookie-based
advertising activity will broadly fall into the following areas:
- third party adverts on our websites and social media: This type of advertising is intended to provide you with a selection of products/services that you’ve viewed on other third party websites, or social media channels, which are presented to you by our agency when you visit our websites or social media channels. The adverts may feature variations on the products/services that might be considered relevant to your browsing history on these other third party websites; or
- our adverts on third party websites: This type of advertising is intended to provide you with a selection of travel related products/services that you’ve viewed on our website, which are presented to you by our agency when you visit other selected websites or social media channels. The adverts may feature different StayUpgrade products/services that might be considered relevant to your browsing history.
- To help us to deliver online advertising that is relevant to you, we may also combine data we collect through cookies in the browser of your devices with other data that we have collected.
- We use advertising solutions delivered by Google DoubleClick for Publishers (DFP) to serve you these advertisements. Where we share data for the purposes mentioned above, it is encrypted and does not include your name.
- VIEWING COOKIES
A summary of both the essential, customer experience (non-essential), and advertising cookies used on the website you are on can be viewed and managed using the link below.
- YOUR COOKIE OPTIONS
- You can use your browser settings to accept or reject new cookies and to delete existing cookies. You can also set your browser to notify you each time new cookies are placed on your computer or other device.
- Please note:
- if you choose to remove cookies, parts of website or App you are on may not work properly or your use of the website or App may be impaired; or
- if you choose to use this website or App without declining any non-essential cookies, then your use will constitute implied consent to the non-essential cookies that are set.
- You can accept or decline advertising, and customer experience (analytics, customisation and tracking) cookies at any time by using the ‘Manage Cookies’ link above.
- You can opt-out of third-party advertising networks using your information for interest-based advertising. Our websites participate in Google DoubleClick for Publishers (DFP) partner network. You can opt-out of this here: Google Double Click Opt Out.
- You will need to opt-out on each device you use to access our websites.
- Your information will not be shared with our third party advertising network partners for the purpose of interest-based advertising if you opt-out, however, you will continue to receive interest-based advertising from us and our business partners when using one of our websites.
- Please note these opt-out mechanisms use a cookie on your device, and if you clear the cookies from your browser it will ‘forget’ the opt-out.
- Alternatively, you can review cookies by accessing the preference panels from your browser’s main menu (usually found under ‘Edit’, ‘Tools’ or ‘Options’). Do not track (DNT) is a feature offered by some browsers, with some newer browsers offering it as default. If you enable it, it sends a signal to websites to request that your browsing isn’t tracked, for example by third party advertisers or social networks, or analytic companies. No industry-wide agreed standard to determine how DNT requests should be managed has been put in place, so our websites don’t currently support DNT requests. Until that standard is established, we’ll continue to review DNT and other new technologies, but won’t respond to DNT requests.
- CHANGES TO OUR NOTICE
Last update: May 2022
- KEY TERMS
- Website analytics
- Website analytics, including Google Analytics, AppsFlyer, and Firebase, help us understand how visitors engage with our website. We can view a variety of reports about how visitors interact with our website and mobile apps so that they can improve it.
- Website analytics uses first-party cookies to track visitor interactions as in our case, where they are used to collect information about how visitors use our website and mobile apps. We then use the information to compile reports and to help us improve our site.
- For example, Google Analytics collects information anonymously. It reports website trends without identifying individual visitors. You can opt out of Google Analytics without affecting how you visit our site – for more information on opting out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites you use, visit Google.
- Online advertising
Marketing messages that you may see on the internet.
- Website analytics
_gid: Used by Google Analytic to help us understand how visitors engage with our website
_gat_microcdn: Used by Google Analytic to help us understand how visitors engage with our website
__utma: Used by Google Analytic to help us understand how visitors engage with our website
_ga: Used by Google Analytic to help us understand how visitors engage with our website
_gali: Used by Google Analytic to help us understand how visitors engage with our website